FormAldiHyd is a driver intended for the Aldi/Medion/Tevion MD 9310 graphic
tablet and WacomIV compatible tablets (Graphire, ArtPad, A3, A4, A5 and
PenPartner). Experimental support for SummaGraphics compatible and AceCad
tablets has been added with this release but remains untested.
This program has been out some time now and has proven to be stable.
It fully works with:
- AipTek HyperPen 6000 (maybe other boards aswell, still unconfirmed).
- AipTek HyperPen 8000
- Aldi/Medion MD 9310 and Aldi/Tevion LT 9310
It works partly with:
- Wacom IV compatible (Graphire, ArtPad, A3, A4, A5 and PenPartner)
- SummaGraphics compatible boards (unconfirmed).
- AceCad boards (unconfirmed)
It does currently NOT work with:
- Wacom V series (Intuos) (might be added on demand)
Starting with V2.2 it finally works with MFC and IOBlix serial ports!
This is probably the only tablet driver that correctly works with all known
(MUI) applications and at the same time has full pressure support.
Some portions of the code have been ported from the xf86HyperPen.c source
by Roland Jansen <rolandlut.rwth-aachen.de> and Christian Herzog
<dadukedataway.ch>, who has taken over development of xf86HyperPen.c.
The experimental WacomIV support has been ported from the xf86Wacom.c
source by Frederic Lepied <Fredric.Lepiedsugix.frmug.org>.
Short list of features:
- Comes both as CLI-only/WB (no GUI) and MUI version.
- Can be run either in 9600 or 19200 baud mode (HyperPen only).
- Supports pressure, which can be scaled to your requirements (e.g. with
- Versatile support of the functions keys at top of the tablet.
- Can play sounds on button presses to make clicks audible.
- Supports a threshold value for the left mouse button.
- Middle and right mouse button can be swapped for stylus.
- Mouse and Stylus can use different active areas.
- Mouse can be used in relative mode. A mode for left handed people is also
- Automatic detection of stylus and mouse.
- Tablet orientation can be changed by swapping x and y coordinates.
- Lots of different resolution can be chosen (up to 3048 LPI!).
- Fully compatible with MUI applications.
- Even works with low level software that reads the input events directly
(Cinema4D, MagicMenu, etc.)
There are two different programs for you to choose:
FormAldiHyd - tablet driver with MUI interface (interactive)
Formalin - CLI only/Workbench version (argument/ToolTypes driven)
Please send me an email if you use this program. Thanks to those who have
done so already.
V2.3 (21-Apr-01): (42648/21848 Bytes)
- Lots of fixes to the WacomIV mode. There might be still problems with
the mouse buttons or fkeys. Please report (give detailed description!).
- Added experimental SummaGraphics / AceCad compatibility mode. Neither
FKey nor pressure support. Completely untested.
V2.2 (08-Mar-01): (41420/21208 Bytes)
- Released to my homepage and AmiNet.
- Ooops: WacomIV selection was broken in FormAldiHyd V2.2.
V2.2 (07-Mar-01): (41416/21208 Bytes)
- Released to my homepage and AmiNet.
- Added support for sound effects (on demand of Jens Illigen).
- GUI layout changed a bit again.
- Added a HyperPen8000 compatibility switch, removed Skip CONFIG switch.
- Fixed a bug in the WacomIV init routine - tablet would not send coords.
- QUIET option did not work with Formalin (next time, I'll count the
number of parameters with my fingers :( ), introduced with V2.1.
- When starting Formalin a second time, the other task will now be
terminated. This is especially handy when starting Formalin from WB.
- Serial issue finally fixed. Now works with MFC aswell! Thanks must go
to Thore Böckelmann for his help and to the testers.
V2.1 (24-Feb-01): (39136/19672 Bytes)
- Homepage and AmiNet release.
- Added support for the function keys. You can either use them as F-key
emulation, cause some string to be printed, emulate any special key or
launch some shell program. It also should work with the WacomIV driver,
although only the first 12 F-Keys are supported (I think there are over
30!). Configuration via CLI in Formalin is a bit clumsy, so I encourage
you to use the ToolTypes instead.
- Added left hand mode for the mouse (swapping of left and right mouse
- Slight changes to the serial code, causing time out messages that some-
times appeared to cease.
- Changed the serial code to work around the strange behaviour (bug?) of
the ioblixser.device. Maybe this also fixes the MFC problems? A very,
very big thank you must go to Günter Twellmeyer for his very helpful
bug reports and quick response. Without him, I hardly would have come
close to the reason. Also, thanks to Thore Böckelmann for support and
supplying a debug version of ioblixser.device.
- Small modification to the WacomIV driver after having a look at the
source code of the PenPartner driver supplied and by Denis Spach.
- Saving the Prefs only changed the ENVARC: settings, not the ENV: ones.
- LPI setting never worked with Formalin since V2.0beta. Fixed.
- Some suboptimal GUI layout fixed.
V2.0beta (02-Jan-01): (34740/17632 Bytes)
- Released to my homepage after a few weeks of nothingness.
- Added experimental WacomIV mode. I don't have such a tablet to test the
driver on, so you are asked to give me feedback on what works and what
- GUI layout changed again a bit.
Any mail, comments or donations welcome:
Chris Hodges Account: 359 68 63
Kennedystr. 8 BLZ : 700 530 70
D-82178 Puchheim Bank : Sparkasse Fürstenfeldbruck
Tel.: +49-89/8005856 WWW: http://www.platon42.de/
Email: hodgesin.tum.de IRC: platon42 on EfNet