--+ Introduction +--
This distribution will update AnArchiver to version 1.61. Before you can
install this update, you must have installed AnArchiver 1.60 first.
--+ What is AnArchiver +--
AnArchiver is a Gui for handling archives. It allows you to Extract files
(by using xadmaster) from various types of archives, and you can Add,
Delete and Test files to/in LhA, LZX and Zip archives. All this can be
done in a nice and easy way by using a GUI.
It's not one of those simple programs that only can act upon ALL files in
the source dir (adding), or ALL files in the archive (extracting). No this
is the real thing, where you actually can select any amount of files to
add, extract or delete to/from/in the archive.
--+ Requirements +--
* Amiga with OS 3.0 or higher.
* 030 processor or higher + some Fast Ram is recommended.
* High Res Laced type of Workbench screenmode (with 1:1 pixel ratio).
* AnArchiver 1.60 main archive:
* In order to avoid the LhA 2011+ bug, it's recommended that you download
and use the latest LhA version:
* Or if you prefer to use the old 1.38 version of LhA, you can download
this patch which fixes the LhA 2011+ bug instead:
* AnArchiver requires the xadmaster system, so download one of the
following archives that best suits your processor:
* Do also download the free xadmaster keyfile:
PS! If you have AmigaOS 3.9, xadmaster is already included. But from version
1.61 of AnArchiver, only xadmaster version 12.1 or higher is supported. So in
order to use AnArchiver, you should download the latest version of xadmaster.
--+ New in Version 1.61 +--
* Improved support for LhA 2.15, this mainly consists of some visual issues
in the Output Gui that have been fixed.
* Only LhA 1.38 & 2.15 are now officially supported by AnArchiver, usage of
other LhA versions may lead to "weird" things happening on your Amiga.
* AnArchiver now only supports xadmaster version 12.1 or higher.
* Some minor improvements
--+ Some important notes +--
In the beginning of year 2011 a bug in all versions of LhA became appearant,
the problem was that when adding files created in 2011 or later to lha
archives, they would end up with the wrong year (1980) inside the archives.
This bug is now fixed with LhA v2.15 and a patch for LhA v1.38 is available
Unfortunately the release of LhA 2.15 also introduced a bug in xadmasters
internal LhA client, here the problem is that spaces in file names will be
converted to underscores when extracting/listing lha archives created with
LhA 2.15. What causes this is that LhA 2.15 by default uses level 1 file
headers (other LhA versions use level 0), and the xadmaster system doesn't
seem to handle this well.
AnArchiver 1.61 overcomes this issue by simply forcing LhA to use level 0
headers, so there should not be any problems with lha archives created by
using AnArchiver. But there may however be problems with archives created
by using LhA 2.15 directly (without the -H0 option). So until a new bug
fixed 68K version of the xadmaster system is available, I would recommend
that you do the following:
* Click the Options button in the main AnArchiver window and make sure
that the "Use LhA for lha arch." option is enabled in the window that
appears, this will cause AnArchiver to only use LhA for extracting files
from lha archives.
* Since AnArchiver only uses the xadmaster system for creating archive
contents lists, it means that these lists may be affected by the xad bug
as well. If this happens, it's recommended that you select ALL files in
the list before extracting files from the archive. This will make sure
that the extracted files will have the correct names.
For more information about AnArchiver and other programs I have made, check
out my website at: www.rhz1.com