|82730 packages online|
|No screenshot available||
DEVELOPER ARCHIVE - you only need this if you are going to develop software
*NEW* EXAMPLES ARE NOW INCLUDED!
Some nasty bugs fixed...
CHUNKY GRAPHICS LIBRARY
Version 4.1 (18-Mar-1999)
Public Release 5
Welcome to the wonderful world of 8-bit chunky!
So, you want a standardised method of reading, writing and displaying chunky
data in your Amiga application? Not too hot on the idea of using RTGMaster
or "rolling your own" methods? Don't care for system hacks? In that case,
you've downloaded the right thing!
This SHARED library for your compiler will handle everything to do with
<=256 colour chunky pictures. Features:
* Shared library (can be used in any language)
* Transparent support for AGA/CGFX
* High-level and low-level commands available
* Draw from one chunky buffer to another (enhanced in V4)
* Uses RastPort's instead of BitMap's (and windows in V4)
* Text support (draw Amiga bitmap fonts onto chunky buffers)
* Features most of the basic graphics.library calls but works with chunky
* All written in ANSI C (although AGA c2p/p2c stuff isn't)
* It's freeware!
And for version 4:
* 17 new functions in V4!
* Supports all RastPort drawing methods (JAM1, JAM2, INVERSVID, etc.)
* Ability to flip chunky buffers (horizontal, verticle, both)
* Scrolling of chunky buffers (any direction)
* 360 degree rotation!
* Infinate scaling (with or without smoothing)!
* RGB palette support
That list got your motor running? Thought so...
See included documentation for more information.
The c2p routines used are no way their best. If you have flexible c2p/p2c
code that can use chunky buffers of any size and render at any position on
any screen size, do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking to make
chunky.library the BEST chunky graphics system available.
V5 may see the following improvements:
* PPC support (PPC c2p code please :)
* 15/16/24-bit support (probably CGFX only)
* Layers (maybe)
* Display support (maybe)
* Your ideas
... but don't count on any of that happening :).
A new chunky.library website has been setup allowing you to download the
latest version of the library without waiting for Aminet <grin>.
The chunky sub system is written and maintained by Andrew King of Rosande
Limited. It is copyrighted to Rosande Limited and all used sources are
declared as public domain and freely available. All sources are subject to
change without notice. (c) 1999 Rosande Limited, all rights reserved.
Co-director and Head of Technical Development for Rosande Limited
(A registered company in the United Kingdom)
Remember FUBAR? > http://www.q-soft.demon.co.uk. <
See our publishers at http://www.blittersoft.com.
id software rule!
as do the simpsons! just don't have a cow, man!
"hell, damn, fart!"
An example or two here use a Bart Simpson graphic. The Simpsons (c) & (TM)
20th Century Fox Film Corp, all rights reserved.
Contents of util/libs/chunky_dev.lha
|Aminet © 1992-2019 Urban
the Aminet team.
Aminet contact address: <aminetaminet net>|